Nina Pierpont is not only a PhD but also an MD. I don’t know if this is a hoax or not. Anyway, here’s her executive summary from the Sept 9, 2021, 11-page report:
Covid-19 Vaccine Mandates Are Now Pointless: Covid-19 vaccines do not keep people from catching the prevailing Delta variant and passing it to others
- Excellent scientific research papers published or posted in August 2021 clearly demonstrate that current vaccines do not prevent transmission of SARS-CoV-2.
- Vaccines aim to achieve two ends:
- To protect the vaccinated person against the illness.
- To keep people from carrying the infection and transmitting it to others.
- If enough people are vaccinated or otherwise become immune, it is hoped that the disease will stop circulating. We call this herd immunity.
- On the way to herd immunity, there is an assumption that people who are immunized can form safe clusters or groups within which no one is carrying or transmitting the virus.
- Unfortunately, this last assumption (2.b.ii) is no longer true under the new variant of SARS-CoV- 2, Delta (B.1.617.2), which now accounts for essentially all cases worldwide.
- Delta is more infectious than the Alpha strain (B.1.1.7) that prevailed in the UK from January to May 2021 (and in the US from March to June 2021), meaning that Delta is passed more readily person-to-person than the previous dominant strain.
- a. Infectiousness is a correlate of high viral load (see section 5, below).
- b. From its origin in India, Delta has soared to nearly complete domination of COVID-19 viral strains everywhere in a matter of months, because it spreads so easily and infects both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
- New research in multiple settings shows that Delta produces very high viral loads (meaning, the density of virus on a nasopharyngeal swab as interpreted from PCR cycle threshold numbers).
- Viral loads are much higher in people infected with Delta than they were in people infected with Alpha.
- Viral loads with Delta are equally high whether the person has been vaccinated or not.
- Viral load is an indicator of infectiousness. The more virus one has in the nose and mouth, the more likely it is to be in this individual’s respiratory droplets and secretions, and to spread to others.
- Due to evolution of the virus itself, all the currently licensed vaccines (all based on the original Wuhan strain spike protein sequence) have lost their ability to accomplish vaccine purpose 2(b), above, “To keep people from carrying the infection and transmitting it to others.”
- Vaccine mandates are thus stripped of their justification, since to vaccinate an individual no longer stops or even slows his ability to acquire and transmit the virus to others.
- Under Delta, natural immunity is much more protective than vaccination. All severities of COVID-19 illness produce healthy levels of natural immunity.
The alleged Dr Pierpont does admit that the vaccines may help prevent severe disease and death. Like me, she’d like more and better data.
Steve Parker, M.D.