What you eat, and how much, are more important than your physical activity. By far.
- Your genetics largely determines your response to an exercise program
- Physical activity isn’t a great way to lose weight
- School-based or other programs to increase childhood physical activity probably won’t reverse childhood obesity statistics
- Disregarding weight loss, exercise has other worthwhile metabolic advantages
- Highly advanced societies shouldn’t blame our overweight problem on decreased levels of physical activity
Skyler Tanner slaughters some sacred cows in his blog post June 4, 2012. I pulled these bullet points from his post. Click on his embedded links for details.